Scorned Magnamalo is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR). It is one of the new Monsters in the Sunbreak Expansion. Large Monsters such as Scorned Magnamalo are hostile and are usually the primary objective of Hunts. They provide valuable Materials when defeated.
Scorned Magnamalo Monster Guide: Characteristics, Weaknesses, Drops, Locations, Weapons & Armor, Strategies, Tips & Tricks and more to help you defeat Scorned Magnamalo in MH Rise.
Hear me, oh flames of those devoured.
Restless spirits, doomed to serve a creature of malice.
Your will is connected, no matter how faint.
And though you are destined to fade before long-
I implore you: before making you way to purgatory...
You must bear witness...
To the power of your own souls, manifested as relentless evil.
MH Rise Scorned Magnamalo Characteristics & Locations
A Magnamalo variant that achieves an even more twisted, malevolent form. Filled with hatred, they are known as "Scorned Magnamalo." Shrouded in Hellfire at all times, they also boast larger arm blades and harder armor plating. During battles, they have been spotted focusing their Hellfire and swinging it like a blade.
- Class: Fanged Wyvern
- Size: ♕ __smallest__ ~ ♕ __largest__
- Small Monster version: N/A
- Hostile at close range
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Found in:
- Turf War(s):
- Target of Quests:
Back with a Vengeance
MH Rise Scorned Magnamalo Combat Info
When these variants concentrate their Hellfire, they can unleash powerful attacks but also become more susceptible to damage if the Hellfire on their body is detonated. Press the attack further to send them into the Raging Hellfire state. But beware of powerful attacks from body parts infused with Hellfire!
- Threat Level: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Elemental __element__ Damage monster
- Can inflict Hellfireblight
- Weak to
- Resistant to
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head, Back
- Orange: Torso, Hind Leg
- White: Foreleg, Armblade, Tail, Tailblade
- Item Effectiveness:
- Effective: __itemeffective__
- Ineffective: __itemineffective__
- Enraged Mode: When Scorned Magnamalo becomes enraged, you can see its blades become more radiant and its cortex more spiky. It's hard to keep up with its movement, it may be better to way for it to come to go, instead of following all around. It gains more elemental attacks specially with its tailblade, which hunters must always keep on check, specially when the Scorned Magnamalo is enraged.
- Rampage: Rampage info goes here
Quick Combat Tips
- Use other monsters as much as you can: Scorned Magnamalo is easily distracted by other monsters and does not seem to be very effective against a mounted monster. You can also consider riding the Scorned Magnamalo around the map until you find another monster to attack it, instead of making it crash against walls.
- When the Scorned Magnamalo is enraged it can fire quick fatal rays with its tail that are harder to dodge if you are too far away as you cannot pivot fast enough at long distance.
- Scorned Magnamalo becomes most unpredictable when you are at close range.
- Its melee attacks are not dangerous.
- Always keep its tail on check, as it is one of its main weapons.
- Whenever Scorned Magnamalo starts roaring to enter into Frenzy, it is best to leave the whole place, or try to use the map in any way to your advantage until its frenzy is over.
- Scorned Magnamalo has always Hellfire on and most of its attacks will cast a hellfire explosion as part of the final blow.
- Scorned Magnamalo won't even start charging Enraged status effect at the start. It will only start build it once the blades become large.
- Scorned Magnamalo always starts the encounter by charging against its target, then quickly leaps back and then jump high up in the air to then charge again dragging both arms to the ground against the target again. The safest way to avoid this is NOT to dodge back or towards, but to the SIDE, strictly to the side and keep doing it until both charges are over, more specifically, to the left, as the Scorned Magnamalo leaps back after the first charge making a curved movement to your right.
- Scorned Magnamalo charges greater distances and its area attack are bigger than regular Magnamalo.
- Scorned Magnamalo may hit you throwing you up in the air, always save a wirebug to very quickly use it when this happens, as the Monster want wait until you fall, it will attack you again while you are in the air.
MH Rise Scorned Magnamalo Attacks & Moveset
Chopping Tailblade - Hammers its long tail down heavily at a target at the front, penetrating the ground and getting stuck for a short moment.
Exploding Tail - Jumps turning its tail to the front extending it while chargin energy making it explode at the tip.
Ground Stab - Stabs a target behind it downwards penetrating the ground.
Scorned Cannon - Moves its tail in a circular motion gathering energy and fires a quick and huge elemental ray several times.
Ruthless Cannon - Waves its tail in circular motion gaining red glared energy, and shoots with a high rate of fire to its target.
Frenzy - Roars, gathering energy gaining a pink glare, then suddenly charges against many targets all around the arena, until it jumps, and lands assaulting the furthest target, creating a explosion on contact with the ground.
Sliding Charge - Lifts an arm, gathering strength and jumps forward while hammering down his arm in a single movement sliding on the ground towards a target, slashing every creature on its path with its armblade.
Spinning Slash - Aggresively spins extending its armblades slashing any target around it.
Explosive Swipe - Charges its tail, and then quickly spins leaving 3 explosive orbs in front of itself.
Mane Blast - When enraged, it defensively makes a blast sideways around its mane knocking back every target next to it.
Seismic Blast - Roars, gathering elemental energy with an arm, and touches the ground, executing a big explosion around.
Red Explosion - When Scorned Magnamalo is low on health, the hellfire coming from it will become red while the monster roars charging up energy, until it slams the ground making an explosion all around it. The only safe way to avoid this is to back away as there's no gap or any safe zone close to the creature to avoid it.
Scorned Magnamalo Weaknesses
The table below indicates the various body parts of Scorned Magnamalo and the damage values for each Physical Damage type. These values indicate the effectiveness of attacks that deal these damage types. The higher the value, the more effective the attack. Note that Weapons can vary in the types of Physical Damage dealt depending on the moves used.
|Scorned Magnamalo Parts|
The table below indicates the various body parts of Scorned Magnamalo and the damage values for each Elemental Damage type. These values indicate the effectiveness of attacks that deal these damage types. The higher the value, the more effective the attack. Certain Weapons can have Elemental Damage properties which are added into the damage calculation along with their Physical Damage type.
|Scorned Magnamalo Parts|
Scorned Magnamalo Ailment Effectiveness
The higher the bars on the graphs and the more stars, the more advantageous it will be for the player.
Poison Status Effect Graph
Stun Status Effect Graph
Paralysis Status Effect Graph
Sleep Status Effect Graph
Blast Status Effect Graph
Exhaust Status Effect Graph
Fireblight Status Effect Graph
Waterblight Status Effect Graph
Thunderblight Status Effect Graph
Iceblight Status Effect Graph
MH Rise Scorned Magnamalo Materials
The tables below contains information on the different Items and Materials that can be obtained from the Low Rank, High Rank and Master Rank versions of Scorned Magnamalo.
The table below indicates the various materials or items obtained from the Master Rank version of Scorned Magnamalo. It also includes the percentage chance of acquiring the materials.
|Material||Target Rewards||Capture Rewards||Break Part Rewards||Carves||Dropped Materials|
|Begrudged Rancorscale||18%||--||20% (Armblade)||34% (Body), 20 % (Tail)||20%, 40%|
|Magna Armored Cortex||28%||37%||--||22% (Body)||30%|
|Surging Armblade||21%||--||80% (Armblade)||16% (Body)||--|
|Moaning Bladeshell||8%||20%||90% (Body)||--||10%|
|Magnamalo Tail +||6%||14%||--||80% (Tail)||--|
|Magna Barrierprism||16%||--||10%[x2] (Back)||26% (Body)||30%, 20%[x2]|
|Magna Glare Eye||3%||3%||5% (Head)||2% (Body)||--|
|Horn of Malice||--||26%||95% (Head)||--||--|
|Large Wyvern Tear||--||--||--||--||50%|
|Afflicted Dire Hardfang||--||--||40% (Anomaly Quests)||40% (Anomaly Quests)||--|
Low Rank & High Rank
This Monster is only available in Master Rank content.
MH Rise Scorned Magnamalo Weapons & Armor
- Scorned Magnamalo Armor Example
MH Rise Scorned Magnamalo Buddy Weapons & Armor
Notes & Trivia
- Can be lured with ??
- Camouflage works until ?? range