Wyvern Riding in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR or MHRise) is a new combat mechanic. Wyvern Riding utilizes the Wirebug, allowing the hunter to ride a Monster that is in a "mountable state". Once you are bound to a monster, you can control it and wreak havoc!
How to Mount a Monster
- Get monsters into a "mountable state" by attacking them enough with Wirebug attacks, letting them fight each other, or using certain Endemic Life. Approach a monster in this state and land a blow, or sheathe your weapon and press the corresponding button to start Wyvern Riding. Press when you approach the monster to ride it.
- Alternatively, players can also use a Puppet Spider which does the same thing.
Wyvern Riding Commands
- : Light Attack
- : Strong Attack
- +: Move
- : Evade
- : Launch Monster
- +: Mounted Punisher
- Wyvern Riding Gauge: The Wyvern Riding Gauge can be filled by damaging monsters or shrugging off an attack by evading just before it hits.
- Wyvern Riding Timer: Shows how long you can keep riding. Time is recouped when you land attacks, and heavily lost when you are hit.
- Attack Linking and Combos: Certain button sequences and repetitions execute transitions or combos when Wyvern Riding. These can also be triggered with the .
Wyvern Riding Actions
If you manage to control the monster properly, you'll be able to perform special attacks and dodges. You have two types of regular attacks at your disposal: a quick weak attack, or a strong attack that does a lot of damage but moves more slowly. Some of these attacks will change depending on specific combinations. Try riding as many different monsters as you can!
- Moving: You can control monsters' movement freely while riding them. You can also transition to attacking or evading at any time.
- Emergency Evading: While attacking or being hit, you can evade more quickly than usual by pressing , at the cost of your Wirebug Gauge.
- Shrugging off Attacks: Dodging or Emergency Evading just as you are about to be hit will stun your foe and also fill your Wyern Riding Gauge.
- Launching Monsters: Press while Wyvern Riding to dismount and send the monster flying forward. You'll topple the monster if it collides with a wall or another monster. If your press just as the monster hits the wall, you can use a Wirebug to hop back onto it, launch it again, and sent it crashing into the wall once more.
- Mounted Punishers: Can be used once your Wyvern Riding Gauge is full. This will deal a huge blow to a monster, so make sure not to miss. You only have a limited time to use it though, and if you miss the attack window, you will automatically dismount.
- Landing the Mounted Punisher: While Mounted Punisher is available, you can use and attacks to down the monster, making it easier to land the cop de grace.
Wyvern Riding Trivia
- Other Trivia and Information to be added soon!