Flaming Espinas is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR). It is one of the new Monsters in the Sunbreak Expansion. Large Monsters such as Flaming Espinas are hostile and are usually the primary objective of Hunts. They provide valuable Materials when defeated.
Flaming Espinas Monster Guide: Characteristics, Weaknesses, Drops, Locations, Weapons & Armor, Strategies, Tips & Tricks and more to help you defeat Flaming Espinas in MH Rise.
As the battle escalates,
growing fiercer by the second,
The struggles come to an end,
and the conqueror to be proclaimed.
But both sides hold on to their courage.
Who is the victor here?
For one of them has been storing a trick up its sleeve.
And it may strike a decisive blow when least expected.
MH Rise Flaming Espinas Characteristics & Locations
An Espinas subspecies with a slightly more muted body color. The boldness of the standard Espinas remains: run-of-the-mill attacks won't rouse Flaming Espinas from their slumber. Their breath attack contains a powerful poison, and a dense acid that deteriorates armor. Take this attack head-on, and you won't stand a chance...
- Class: Flying Wyvern
- Size: ♕ 1543.7 ~ ♕ 2176.5
- Small Monster version: N/A
- Hostile at medium range
- Attacks other monsters: Yes/No
- Found in:
- Turf War(s):
- Target of Quests:
What Sleeps in the Tower
Operation Flaming Espinas
Advanced: Toxic Trio
MH Rise Flaming Espinas Unlock Information
In order to unlock Flaming Espinas, you must first reach MR 10 and complete the What Sleeps in the Tower Urgent Quest. After this prerequisite is met, Flaming Espinas will be available for hunting in Quests in which the monster appears in, as well as in expeditions.
MH Rise Flaming Espinas Combat Info
Beware when Flaming Espinas stand up and spread their wings; they'll begin building up power to unleash a massive fireball attack with a wide area of effect. When they start charging up, escape to a safe distance. The fireball's explosive effects lower defense, so bring along items like Adamant Seeds to give it a boost.
- Threat Level: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Elemental Fire Damage monster
- Weak to
- Resistant to
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head
- Orange: Abdomen, Back, Tail
- White: Wings, Legs
- Item Effectiveness:
- Enraged Mode: Enraged info goes here
- Rampage: Rampage info goes here
Quick Combat Tips
- Upon standing up on its hindlegs, any player around it should immediately vacate the area or use Leap of Faith to divebomb away from the fireball before it impacts the ground.
- If the Flaming Espinas prolongs the charge time, it is a single, large fireball attack encompassing a larger area. As its health gets lower, it will chain another large fireball after the first, with a slightly faster charge time. Divebombing away from these fireballs is the safest option, as the twin fireballs are just as fatal.
- The large fireball is unblockable (and thus cannot be "parried") by any means necessary as it ignores any form of defense outside of lingering invincibility frames. Attempting to guard against it will instantly cart the hunter.
MH Rise Flaming Espinas Attacks & Moveset
- Attacks to be added
Flaming Espinas Weaknesses
The table below indicates the various body parts of Flaming Espinas and the damage values for each Physical Damage type. These values indicate the effectiveness of attacks that deal these damage types. The higher the value, the more effective the attack. Note that Weapons can vary in the types of Physical Damage dealt depending on the moves used.
|Flaming Espinas Parts|
The table below indicates the various body parts of Flaming Espinas and the damage values for each Elemental Damage type. These values indicate the effectiveness of attacks that deal these damage types. The higher the value, the more effective the attack. Certain Weapons can have Elemental Damage properties which are added into the damage calculation along with their Physical Damage type.
|Flaming Espinas Parts|
Flaming Espinas Ailment Effectiveness
The higher the bars on the graphs and the more stars, the more advantageous it will be for the player.
Poison Status Effect Graph
Stun Status Effect Graph
Paralysis Status Effect Graph
Sleep Status Effect Graph
Blast Status Effect Graph
Exhaust Status Effect Graph
Fireblight Status Effect Graph
Waterblight Status Effect Graph
Thunderblight Status Effect Graph
Iceblight Status Effect Graph
MH Rise Flaming Espinas Materials
The tables below contains information on the different Items and Materials that can be obtained from the Flaming Espinas Monster.
The table below indicates the various materials or items obtained from the Master Rank version of Flaming Espinas. It also includes the percentage chance of acquiring the materials.
|Material||Target Rewards||Capture Rewards||Break Part Rewards||Carves||Dropped Materials|
|Flaming Espinas Shard||21%||27%||40%||41% (Body)
|Flaming Espinas Cortex||35%||37%||70% (Back)
|Flaming Espinas Sulfur||26%||--||30%||21%||15%|
|Flaming Espinas Lash||8%||12%||--||80%||--|
|Flaming Espinas Surspike||7%||--||60%||5% (Body)
|Flaming Espinas Mantle||3%||3%||3%||3% (Tail)
|Flaming Espinas Hardhorn||--||21%||85%||--||--|
|Large Wyvern Tear||--||--||--||--||40%|
|Afflicted Dire Darkblood||--||--||40% (Anomaly Quests)||40% (Anomaly Quests)||--|
Low & High Rank
This monster is only available in Master Rank settings.
MH Rise Flaming Espinas Weapons & Armor
MH Rise Flaming Espinas Buddy Weapons & Armor
- This Monster has no associated Palico Weapons
- This Monster has no associated Palico Armor
- This Monster has no associated Palamute Weapons
- This Monster has no associated Palamute Armor
Notes & Trivia
- Can be lured with ??
- Camouflage works until ?? range