Teostra is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR or MHRise). Written as 炎王龙/炎王龍 in Chinese. Large Monsters such as Teostra are hostile and are usually the primary objective of Hunts. They provide valuable Materials when defeated.
Teostra Monster Guide: Characteristics, Weaknesses, Drops, Locations, Weapons & Armor, Strategies, Tips & Tricks and more to help you defeat Teostra in MH Rise.
In the halls of inferno
Roam the restless souls
The lone monarch approaches
With the fire he controls
He's here to judge the wicked
Who sully his domain
To damn them with his rage
To eternal pain
Swift as wind his punishment
Absolute his reign
MH Rise Teostra Characteristics & Ecology
Brutal elder dragons wreathed in flames that spew blazing fire. Teostra are of such a fierce and deadly nature that the Guild closely monitors their movements.
- Class: Elder Dragon
- Size: ♕ 1736.44 ~ ♕ 2166.08
- Small Monster version: N/A
- Hostile at close range
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Found in:
- Turf War(s):
vs. Kushala Daora
- Target of Quests:
The Emperor of Flame
MH Rise Teostra Combat Info
The black scale dust a Teostra scatters will spread over a wide area until it finally explodes. However, reports claim that damaging the elder dragon's head can prevent the large explosions. Push on the attack when it's fully enveloped in flames or scale dust to stun it, suppressing whichever it was accumulating.
- Threat Level: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Elemental Fire Damage monster
- Weak to
- Resistant to
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Head
- Orange: Foreleg, Abdomen, Back, Hind Leg, Tail
- White: Neck, Wing
- Item Effectiveness:
- Enraged Mode: Indicated by flames spewing from its mouth. When surrounded by its Blast Dust aura, the flames are blue.
- Rampage: Teostra currently cannot be fought in the Rampage.
Quick Combat Tips
- Teostra has very poor hitzone values except for its head. Unfortunately, most of its attacks are also aimed directly in front of it. Try to stay near the side of its head or forelegs for relative safety while still being able to target its weakspot.
- Breaking Teostra's horns are a top priority. Not only does it cause an extended knockdown, it also removes its current aura's accumulated energy and reduces the potency of some of its attacks, especially its Supernova ultimate move.
- Teostra's horns are extremely tough to break. Consider using blunt weapons or weapons with attacks that deal blunt damage such as the Sword & Shield's shield bashes. The Partbreaker skill is also extremely valuable when dealing with a Teostra. It's also important to take every opportunity to ram its head onto walls via Wyvern Riding.
- Teostra tends to wreathe itself in one of two auras: Blast Dust and Flames. Each aura becomes increasingly volatile the longer Teostra maintains it. When an aura has reached peak volatility, an ultimate move is unlocked and Teostra will likely use it soon.
- Its Blast Dust aura causes it to leave explosive dust clouds as it moves around the battlefield as well as whenever it attacks. These clouds are primed and explode after a short duration but Teostra can also ignite them at anytime. Remain vigilant and stay away from any lingering clouds.
- Its Flame aura causes it to expel extreme heat all around its body, causing damage-over-time to any hunters within melee range. It also deflects all ranged projectiles aimed at any part other than its head, making Bows and Bowguns tricky to use against the elder dragon. Additionally, the flame aura significantly strengthens its flame breath, gives it additional flame-based attacks and grants it access to the Supernova move.
- Consider using the Kushala Set when fighting Teostra. Its Kushala Blessing skill not only improves damage dealt by Water and Ice weapons at levels 1 and 2, but also completely negates heat damage at level 4, neutralizing the Flame aura's damage-over-time effect.
- Teostra can be knocked out of its Supernova move with a well-timed Flash Bomb.
Teostra Attacks & Moveset
Charge Attack - This is one of Teostra's most commonly used moves and also one of the most annoying, along with its leaping tackle. It comes out very quickly and has a very large hitbox. Try to maintain positioning near Teostra's shoulders to make it easier to dodge and always run sideways or diagonally when at range. It leaves a trail of Blast Dust along its path when surrounded by its Blast Dust aura.
Leaping Tackle - Teostra lowers its head to one side and then leaps at its target, dealing heavy damage and knocking them away. This attack also comes out very quickly and has a very large hitbox. The hitbox is smaller around its legs so dodge diagonally to the side.
Flame Thrower - Teostra raises its head to the side while lifting one leg and breathes out a large cone of flame that it sweeps in a wide arc from one side to the other and then back. This attack is extremely damaging, especially when its aura is fully charged. The sides of its head are safe and if you can make it here during the attack, the monster is left open for punishment during the long animation. If caught in the flame's path, try to dodge through the flame instead of away to minimize the time its hitbox and your hunter's hitbox overlap, reducing the chance to get hit.
- Blast Version - When surrounded by its Blast Dust aura, Teostra will instead summon several Blast Dust orbs in an arc and ignite them on the reverse head swing but the animation is identical. The safezones are also identical but watch out as the blast radius means you need to be further back near its shoulders.
Flame Burst - Teostra raises its head to the side, similar to the Flame Thrower move with the exception that both forelegs are firmly planted on the ground. It then swings its head in an arc as it releases swirling flame bursts that travel in a straight line laterally. Dodge towards its shoulder to evade.
- Blast Version - Teostra releases clouds of Blast Dust laterally, igniting them immediately.
Proximity Flamethrower - Teostra stands tall on its hind legs and releases a high pressure jet of flames directly downwards. The flames spread outward as they hit the ground, dealing immense damage in a large radius around the impact zone. Teostra takes a brief moment to recover after this attack and is open to a quick counter attack. It uses this move when its Flame aura is charged and highly volatile.
Strafing Flamethrower - Teostra takes to the skies and releases a flame breath aimed downwards, sweeping from side to side. Staying directly under the monster as it flies is completely safe. Time your hard-hitting counters just as it lands to deal some good damage.
Divebomb - Teostra flies away a short distance from its target and then flies right at them, spinning 180 degrees as it crash lands. When its Blast Dust aura is up, it will also cause explosions on its belly that enlarges the attack's hitbox, as well as detonating any lingering dust clouds in the area.
The table below indicates the various parts of the monster, including the types of damages that are weak to it.
The table below indicates the various parts of the monster, including the different elements that are weak to it.
Teostra Ailment Effectiveness
The higher the bars on the graphs and the more stars, the more advantageous it will be for the player.
Poison Status Effect Graph
Stun Status Effect Graph
Paralysis Status Effect Graph
Sleep Status Effect Graph
Blast Status Effect Graph
Exhaust Status Effect Graph
Fireblight Status Effect Graph
Waterblight Status Effect Graph
Thunderblight Status Effect Graph
Iceblight Status Effect Graph
The tables below contains information on the different Items and Materials that can be obtained from the Low Rank, High Rank and Master Rank variations of Teostra
Master Rank Teostra
The table below indicates the various materials or items obtained from the Master Rank variation of Teostra, it also includes the percentage chance of how it can be acquired. This information is specific to MH Rise.
|Material||Target Rewards||Capture Rewards||Break Part Rewards||Carves||Dropped Materials|
|Teostra Cortex||17%||--||--||30% (Body)||34%, 45%|
|Hellfire Shard||31%||--||--||24% (Body), 12% (Tail)||30%|
|Teostra Mane||12%[x2]||--||12%[x2] (Head)||12%[x2] (Body)||--|
|Fire Dragon Hardclaw||20%||--||18%(x2) (Wingclaw)||14% (Body)||--|
|Teostra Lash||12%||--||--||80% (Tail)||--|
|Teostra Gem||5%||--||5% (Head)||5% (Tail)||--|
|Large Elder Dragon Gem||3%||--||3% (Head)||2% (Body), 3% (Tail)||1%|
|Teostra Hardhorn||--||--||80% (Head)||8% (Body)||--|
|Teostra Fellwing||--||--||70% (Wingclaw)||10% (Body)||--|
|Teostra Powder||--||--||12%[x2] (Wingclaw)||--||15%[x2], 15%[x2]|
|Pure Dragon Blood||--||--||--||--||10%, 10%|
|Old Dragon Treasure||--||--||--||--||25%|
High Rank Teostra
The table below indicates the various materials or items obtained from the High Rank variation of Teostra, it also includes the percentage chance of how it can be acquired. This information is specific to MH Rise.
|Material||Target Rewards||Capture Rewards||Break Part Rewards||Carves||Dropped Materials|
|Teostra Carapace||14%||-||-||27% (Body)||15% (x1), 40% (x1)|
|Fire Dragon Scale +||26%||-||-||21% (Body), 17% (Tail)||25%|
|Teostra Mane||19%||-||25% (Head)||18% (Body)||-|
|Teostra Claw +||16%||-||18%(x2) (Wingclaw)||14% (Body)||-|
|Teostra Powder||10%||-||12%(x2) (Wingclaw)||-||34% (x1), 25% (x2)|
|Teostra Tail||12%||-||-||80% (Tail)||-|
|Teostra Gem||3%||-||3% (Head)||2% (x1) (Body), 3% (x1) (Tail)||1%|
|Teostra Horn+||-||-||72% (Head)||8% (Body)||-|
|Teostra Webbing||-||-||70% (Wingclaw)||10% (Body)||-|
|Elder Dragon Blood||-||-||-||-||10% (x1), 10% (x1)|
Low Rank Teostra
This monster is not available in Low Rank content.
Teostra Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Teostra Monster.
- Teostra Blade I
- Teostra's Spada I
- Hi Ninja Sword
- Twin Nails I
- Teostra Cratermaker I
- Imperial Saber I
- Imperial Shimmer
- Imperial Shimmer +
- Imperial Flickerflame
- Teostra's Tiple I
- Teostra's Orphee
- Teostra's Orphée +
- Teostra's Musica
- Teostra's Howl I
- Teostra's Roar
- Teostra's Roar +
- Teostra's Fire
- Teostra's Arx I
- Teostra's Castle
- Teostra's Castle +
- Teostra's Hellebarde
- Teostra's Striker I
- Teostra's Dart I
- Teostra's Artillery I
- Bow of Hope & Valor I
- Fire and Ice +
- Blizzard and Blaze
- Teostra's Emblem +
- Teostra's Medal
- Astalos Crashblade +
- Foreboding Shamshir +
- King Teostra Blade +
- Daora's Tughril Beg
- Dreaded Shamshir
- Teostra del Sol
- Wyvern Assault +
- Teostra's Flames +
- Teostra's Firestorm
- Teostra's Flamebolt +
- Teostra's Flamepiercer
- Teostra's Nova +
- Teostra's Redeemer
Teostra Buddies Weapons & Armor
Notes & Trivia
- Can be lured with ??
- Camouflage works until ?? range
|Large Monsters in Monster Hunter Rise|
Aknosom ♦ Almudron ♦ Anjanath ♦ Apex Arzuros ♦ Apex Diablos ♦ Apex Mizutsune ♦ Apex Rathalos ♦ Apex Rathian ♦ Apex Zinogre ♦ Arzuros ♦ Astalos ♦ Aurora Somnacanth ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Basarios ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Bishaten ♦ Blood Orange Bishaten ♦ Chameleos ♦ Crimson Glow Valstrax ♦ Daimyo Hermitaur ♦ Diablos ♦ Espinas ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Gaismagorm ♦ Garangolm ♦ Gore Magala ♦ Goss Harag ♦ Great Baggi ♦ Great Izuchi ♦ Great Wroggi ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Khezu ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lagombi ♦ Lucent Nargacuga ♦ Lunagaron ♦ Magma Almudron ♦ Magnamalo ♦ Malzeno ♦ Mizutsune ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Narwa the Allmother ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Pyre Rakna-Kadaki ♦ Rajang ♦ Rakna-Kadaki ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Royal Ludroth ♦ Scorned Magnamalo ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Seregios ♦ Shagaru Magala ♦ Shogun Ceanataur ♦ Somnacanth ♦ Tetranadon ♦ Thunder Serpent Narwa ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Volvidon ♦ Wind Serpent Ibushi ♦ Zinogre