Blood Orange Bishaten
ビシュテンゴ亜種 (Bishutengo Ashu)
|Enemy Type||Large Monster|
Blood Orange Bishaten is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR). It is a new sub-species of Bishaten introduced in the Sunbreak Expansion. Large Monsters are hostile and are usually the primary objective of Hunts. They provide valuable Materials when defeated. This page covers information on Blood Orange Bishaten including weaknesses, drops, size information, strategies, tips and tricks to help you defeat this monster.
- Blood Orange Bishaten became available with the release of the Sunbreak Expansion.
Opportunity may present itself from the most unexpected of places.
As folly begets yet more folly.
And even if it results in a disaster of unknown proportions...
The cycle of stupidity created by these creatures...
Could appear like a feast to the crazed eye.
MH Rise Blood Orange Bishaten Characteristics & Locations
A subspecies named for their auburn fur. Inquisitive by nature, Blood Orange Bishaten can even appear near human habitats. Their belly pouch is stuffed with combustible pinecones, and this subspecies has a distinct and focused fire breath. The breath itself isn't as dangerous as the pinecones it ignites. Reports indicate that it's possible to topple these monsters while they balance on their tails.
- Class: Fanged Beast
- Size: ♕ 832.31 ~ ♕ 1054.26
- Small Monsters version: N/A
- Hostile when approached
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Turf War(s): ???
- Target of Quests:
Scarlet Tengu in the Shrine Ruins
MH Rise Blood Orange Bishaten Combat Info
Ignites pinecones in a variety of ways, then attacks using a variety of arcs. The cones will explode when touched, or after a certain amount of time. When enraged these Bishaten subspecies have a fiery breath attack. Positioning is key as any cones in this breath attack's path will be ignited.
- Threat Level: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Physical Damage monster.
- Can inflict
- Weak to
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: ??
- Orange: ??
- White: ??
- Enraged mode: ??
- Rampage: ??
Quick Combat Tips
- Come prepared to receive a lot of fire attacks, and to deal water damage as it is the Blood Orange Bishaten main weakness.
- The head is its weakest point, and the tail is the second one. But mind that hitting its tail may interrupt its attacks and combos.
- Blood Orange Bishaten moves quickly and moves a lot, except when its standing on its tail.
- Don't get baited if the monster stands on its hands, it's a sign that its going to hit you with its tail very hard.
- Mounting another monster nearby can be useful as the monster you are mounting will shield you from almost every explosive fruit.
- The Fire Breath attack is the most dangerous as it deals a lot of damage but if you learn how to avoid being hit by it, the Blood Orange Bishaten will be very exposed to attacks.
MH Rise Blood Orange Bishaten Attacks & Moveset
Switch Stance - Blood Orange Bishaten can switch stances between regular (on all fours) and standing on its tail. While in tail stance, the Blood Orange Bishaten is very susceptible to knockdowns by repeated hits on its tail. Certain attacks are only available while in tail stance and certain moves will automatically transition to tail stance.
Rage Scream - While being attacked, Blood Orange Bishaten may scream stunning enemies at proximity, interrupting their attacks or combos.
Explosive Fruits - Different from regular Bishaten, all fruits used by the Blood Orange Bishaten are explosive.
Fire Breath - Stands on its feet with its mouth opened looking upwards and quickly fires breath from its mouth in a single direction without aiming elsewhere, this attack is fatal but can be easily dodged.
Explosive Fruit Attacks - Blood Orange Bishaten has a lot of different fruit attacks at its disposal and some are used exclusively with certain fruit:
- Disengage - Blood Orange Bishaten jumps a distance backwards as it tosses an Explosive Fruit at its target.
- Fruit Throw - The Blood Orange Bishaten simply grabs a huge Explosive Fruit and throws it at its target. Sometimes followed by a second throw. Fruits make a line of explosions after hitting the grown.
- Explosive Fall - When the Blood Orange Bishaten receives a big amount of damage during a combo it may fall towards to the ground causing explosions around it.
- Explosive Frontflip - Catches a fruit with its tail, makes a frontflip short jump towards a group of targets causing a triple explosion that expands sideways. Resting for a moment afterwards.
- Distant Throw - Blood Orange Bishaten stands on its tail and throws a Fruit aimed towards a distant hunter, it can be interrupted by hitting its tail but the attack is very quick.
- Double Throw - Stands on its tail a moves around rotating, throwing 2 explosive fruits that will slide around circularly on the ground for a short moment until they explode or make contact with any target.
- Triple Throw - Blood Orange Bishaten stands on its tail, and suddenly throws 3 explosives fruits that while bounce and explode at contact with any target or after the third bounce.
- Multi-Fruit Barrage - Blood Orange Bishaten stands on its tail two Explosive fruits while rotating and throws them.. It tosses them both and then proceeds to bombard the area with explosives throwing dozens of fruit rapidly.
Claw Swipe - Standard claw swipe attack. Blood Orange Bishaten raises its arm and swipes at its target. When enraged, it can follow up with a second swipe and a tail slam attack.
Tail Slam - Blood Orange Bishaten postures and then performs a back flip, slamming its tail on the ground towards hunters. This move has a long telegraph, allowing you to dodge to either side long before the attack comes.
Hand Slam - Pulls 2 explosive fruits and quickly claps the ground with them, creating a line of explosions towards its target. It can be easily dodged by jumping just in front of it between his hands, leaving you at a comfortable place to attack it back.
Smash - Pulls explosive fruits on each hand and jumps slamming them to its target. This attack is fatal.
Tail Hit - The Blood Orange Bishaten stands on its hands staring at the target for a while in an awkward position, after that moment it will attempt to hit with its might. This attack is fatal.
Whirlwind Dash - Blood Orange Bishaten winds up by twisting its body as it stands on its tail. It then dashes forward while spinning violently. A direct hit from this attack sends the hunter flying and stuns them. Note that the Blood Orange Bishaten produces wind pressure on the outer hitbox of this attack which will flinch hunters if they are close enough, even if the attack doesn't directly hit them.
MHR Blood Orange Bishaten Weaknesses
The table below indicates the various parts of the monster, including the types of damages that are weak to it.
|Blood Orange Bishaten Parts|
The table below indicates the various parts of the monster, including the different elements that are weak to it.
|Blood Orange Bishaten Parts|
MHR Blood Orange Bishaten Ailment Effectiveness
The higher the bars on the graphs and the more stars, the more advantageous it will be for the player.
Poison Status Effect Graph
Stun Status Effect Graph
Paralysis Status Effect Graph
Sleep Status Effect Graph
Blast Status Effect Graph
Exhaust Status Effect Graph
Fireblight Status Effect Graph
Waterblight Status Effect Graph
Thunderblight Status Effect Graph
Iceblight Status Effect Graph
Monster Hunter Rise Blood Orange Bishaten Materials
The tables below contains information on the different Items and Materials that can be obtained from the Master Rank variations of Blood Orange Bishaten
The table below indicates the various materials or items obtained from the Master Rank variation of Blood Orange Bishaten, it also includes the percentage chance of how it can be acquired.
|Material||Target Rewards||Capture Rewards||Break Part Rewards||Carves||Dropped Materials|
|Orangaten Fur+||19%||21%||15% (Head)||49% (Body)||39%, 50%|
|Orangaten Feather+||28%||34%||70% (Wing)||32% (Body)||35%|
|Orangaten Talon||20%||16% [x2]||30% [x2] (Wing)||--||--|
|Orangaten Horn+||9%||--||80% (Head)||6% (Body)||--|
|Large Beast Gem||5%||6%||5% (Head)||3% (Body)||1%|
|Orangaten Tailcase+||--||23%||100% (Tail)||--||10%, 15%|
|Solid Bone||--||--||--||10% (Body)||--|
|Large Beast Tear||--||--||--||--||35%|
|Afflicted Shell||--||--||20% (Anomaly Quests)||20% (Anomaly Quests)||--|
Low & High Rank
This Monster is only available in Master Rank content.
MHR Blood Orange Bishaten Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Blood Orange Bishaten Monster.
- Abominable Snowblade
- Dawnmoon Cleaver +
- Lagombi Charlotte +
- Golm Blade +
- Killer's Scythe
- Nightmare Frilled Blade +
- Oppressor's Forger
- Royal Order's Great Sword +
- Tigrex Supreme Sword +
- Vadel Frostedge
- Valtos Rapier +
- Vendetta Hornsword +
- Xiphias Gladius
- Huge Tigrex Skull +
- Shaucha Gloryblade +
- Shaucha Divine Gloryblade
- Bishaten's Glory
- Bishaten's Glory +
- Six Paths Crossing
- Glory Lotus Bowgun
- Glory Lotus Bowgun +
- Savior's Lotus
MHR Blood Orange Bishaten Buddies Weapons & Armor
Palico and Palamute Armor and Weapons related to the Blood Orange Bishaten Monster.
MHRise Blood Orange Bishaten Notes & Trivia
- Available with the release of Sunbreak Expansion.
|Large Monsters in Monster Hunter Rise|
Aknosom ♦ Almudron ♦ Anjanath ♦ Apex Arzuros ♦ Apex Diablos ♦ Apex Mizutsune ♦ Apex Rathalos ♦ Apex Rathian ♦ Apex Zinogre ♦ Arzuros ♦ Astalos ♦ Aurora Somnacanth ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Basarios ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Bishaten ♦ Chameleos ♦ Crimson Glow Valstrax ♦ Daimyo Hermitaur ♦ Diablos ♦ Espinas ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Gaismagorm ♦ Garangolm ♦ Gore Magala ♦ Goss Harag ♦ Great Baggi ♦ Great Izuchi ♦ Great Wroggi ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Khezu ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lagombi ♦ Lucent Nargacuga ♦ Lunagaron ♦ Magma Almudron ♦ Magnamalo ♦ Malzeno ♦ Mizutsune ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Narwa the Allmother ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Pyre Rakna-Kadaki ♦ Rajang ♦ Rakna-Kadaki ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Royal Ludroth ♦ Scorned Magnamalo ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Seregios ♦ Shagaru Magala ♦ Shogun Ceanataur ♦ Somnacanth ♦ Teostra ♦ Tetranadon ♦ Thunder Serpent Narwa ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Volvidon ♦ Wind Serpent Ibushi ♦ Zinogre