|Temporarily increases attack power after being knocked back.|
Counterstrike is a Skill in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR or MHRise). Counterstrike temporarily increases attack power after being thrown off. and has 3 levels. Skills are granted to Hunters by their equipped Weapons, Armor, Talismans and Decorations and play an integral role in a Hunter's progression.
Counterstrike is increased in level based on the amount of Equipment with this skill the hunter is using. Each level works as follows:
- Level 1: Attack +10 after activation.
- Level 2: Attack +15 after activation.
- Level 3: Attack +25 after activation.
Counterstrike has 3 levels, after which, additional levels won't provide any further benefit.
The skill activates when you get hit by any attack that sends you flying (i.e. that can be recovered with Wirefall) and the effect lasts for 30 seconds. Getting hit again will refresh its duration.
Equipment that grants Counterstrike
You can unlock Counterstrike by equipping the following items.
Notes & Trivia
- Any hit that sends the player flying will activate Counterstrike, including your own Large Barrel Bombs, or attacks from other players.
- Blowback Negation, such as the Sonic Barrier melody from the Hunting Horn, will prevent Counterstrike from activating.