|Speeds up weapon sharpening when using a whetstone.|
Speed Sharpening is a Skill in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR or MHRise). Speed Sharpening speeds up weapon sharpening when using a whetstone. and has 3 levels. Skills are granted to Hunters by their equipped Weapons, Armor, Talismans and Decorations and play an integral role in a Hunter's progression.
Speed Sharpening Effect
Speed Sharpening is increased in level based on the amount of Equipment with this skill the hunter is using. Each level works as follows:
- Level 1: Removes one cycle from the sharpening process.
- Level 2: Removes two cycles from the sharpening process.
- Level 3: Removes three cycles from the sharpening process.
Speed Sharpening has 3 levels, after which, additional levels won't provide any further benefit.
Equipment that grants Speed Sharpening
You can unlock Speed Sharpening by equipping the following items.
- Alloy Mail
- Alloy Mail S
- Death Stench Muscle X
- Guardian Suit x1
- Pukei-Pukei Mail X x2
- Alloy Mail X x2
Notes & Trivia
- With no skills equipped, sharpening takes approximately 7 seconds. Each cycle removed from the sharpening process saves approximately 0.8 seconds. This equates to an extra 11.3% time-save per level (from level 0, so from level 0 to level 2 its 22.6%, etc.). Compared to the previous levels the following time saves are:
- 0⟶1: ~11.3% (as previously mentioned)
- 1⟶2: ~12.6% (a 1.5% gain from 0⟶1)
- 2⟶3: ~14.4% (1.8% gain)
- Can someone it doesn't like me doing it thanks :)