Crystal Chunk is an Account Item gathering node in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR or MHRise). Account Items (also known as Special or Unique Items) comprise of rare finds unique to a locale. Collecting them rewards a large amount of Kamura Points, and many also serve as the objectives of gathering Quests and Requests. Each locale has several types of Account Item gathering nodes and each node-type rewards a set of different items.
Items Gathered from Crystal Chunk in MH Rise
The following Special Items can be gathered from Crystal Chunk nodes in the Citadel. Note that the Citadel is only available in Master Rank settings which requires the Sunbreak Expansion.
|Glacial Geode||102||A lovely blue geode that glows deeply of pale moonlight.|
|Iridescent Geode||280||A seven-colored geode that shows its true colors when exposed to direct sunlight.|
Where to find Crystal Chunk in MH Rise
Crystal Chunks can be found in the Citadel in the following areas:
- From the Sub-Camp north of Area 4, head out through the south and look for a bonepile and then turn left (relative to your facing) and look for a ledge below where a node can be found.
- Another node can be found northwest of the Area 4 marker.
- Inside the mountain southwest of Area 5. You can get here easily by climbing the hill directly south of the Area 2 marker and using the Great Wirebug. Once on the mountain, descend into the hole to find the node.
- Inside the same mountain from the previous node, continue along the path north to find another node.
- Head out of the mountain and climb to the top and slightly south to find another node.
- Look for a peculiar set of rock formations directly southwest of the Area 5 marker. The node is on one of these rock formations.
- From the previous node, wirebug across to the north down to a ledge where another node can be found.
Crystal Chunk Related Quests in MH Rise
MH Rise Crystal Chunk Notes
- All gathering nodes have a respawn timer of 4-5 minutes.
- When farming for resources, the Raisin d'etre Dango can cut the respawn timer down to around 3 minutes for all gathering nodes. Note that this is a Daily Special Dango. The Daily Special changes after every quest and can only be ordered at the Tea Shop before embarking on a quest.
- The Geologist skill at Level 2 will allow you to gather one extra time from Account Item nodes, making it incredibly valuable on gathering runs.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!