Ancient Coin is an Account Item in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR or MHRise). Account Items(also known as Special or Unique Items) comprise of rare finds unique to a locale. Collecting them rewards a large amount of Kamura Points, and many also serve as the objectives of gathering Quests and Requests.
Where to find Ancient Coin in MH Rise
Ancient Coin is only available in Master Rank settings, which requires the Sunbreak Expansion to access. It can be collected from Money Pouch gathering nodes in the Frost Islands. Money Pouches can be found in the following areas:
- Aboard the broken boat in Area 8 (2 nodes)
- On the edges of the map on the east of Area 5 (2 nodes, one is on a separate path but in the same direction)
- On the shrine in the middle section of Area 7. Requires skillful Wirebug use.
Ancient Coin Related Quests in MH Rise
MH Rise Ancient Coin Notes
- All gathering nodes have a respawn timer of 4-5 minutes.
- When farming for resources, the Raisin d'etre Dango can cut the respawn timer down to around 3 minutes for all gathering nodes. Note that this is a Daily Special Dango. The Daily Special changes after every quest and can only be ordered at the Tea Shop before embarking on a quest.
- The Geologist skill at Level 2 will allow you to gather one extra time from Account Item nodes, making it incredibly valuable on gathering runs.