|A combustible rock so hot it may burst into flame at any second|
Volatile Coal is an Account Item in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR or MHRise). Account Items(also known as Special or Unique Items) comprise of rare finds unique to a locale. Collecting them rewards a large amount of Kamura Points, and many also serve as the objectives of gathering Quests and Requests.
Where to find Volatile Coal in MH Rise
Volatile Coal is available in any Rank settings, but is more common in High Rank. It can be mined from Scorched Ore gathering nodes in the Lava Caverns. Scorched Ore can be found in the following areas:
- Just below and to the right as you exit the small tunnel from Area 4 to 5.
- Area 5, just as you enter the long tunnel leading to Area 13
- Next to Sub-camp 1 in Area 10. Drop down to the left.
- Directly south of the Area 10 map marker.
- Northeast of Sub-camp 2 in Area 7. High above in the hills.
- Between Area 13 and 14 (Underground), climb the tall spire to the west
- Northwest of the Area 14 map marker (Underground).
- In the hidden area northeast of Area 11. Enter through a crawlspace at the edge and use your wirebug to climb up the right wall. There is an opening here leading to the hidden area which has 2 nodes.
Volatile Coal Related Quests in MH Rise
MH Rise Volatile Coal Notes
- All gathering nodes have a respawn timer of 4-5 minutes.
- When farming for resources, the Raisin d'etre Dango can cut the respawn timer down to around 3 minutes for all gathering nodes. Note that this is a Daily Special Dango. The Daily Special changes after every quest and can only be ordered at the Tea Shop before embarking on a quest.
- The Geologist skill at Level 2 will allow you to gather one extra time from Account Item nodes, making it incredibly valuable on gathering runs.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!