Monster Fossil is an Account Item gathering node in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR or MHRise). Account Items(also known as Special or Unique Items) comprise of rare finds unique to a locale. Collecting them rewards a large amount of Kamura Points, and many also serve as the objectives of gathering Quests and Requests. Each locale has several types of Account Item gathering node and each node type rewards a set of different items.
Items gathered from Monster Fossil
The following Special Items can be gathered from Monster Fossil nodes:
|Chalcedony Bone||26||Low Rank only||Crystallized dragonbone weathered by harsh climes.|
|Chalcedony Greatbone||54||Any Rank||Despite its waxy luster, it looks more alive than dull.|
|Chalcedony Skull||222||High Rank, Master Rank||The frontal bone of a dragon skull, now pulsating with quartz.|
|Chalcedony Bonemass||334||Master Rank only||A mass of fossilized dragon bones, strong and stunning in equal measure.|
Where to find Monster Fossil in MH Rise
Monster Fossils can be found in the Lava Caverns in the following areas:
- Ahead of the Main Camp, to the west side of the coast.
- Upper west portion of Area 9
- East of Sub-camp 2 in Area 7
- On a ledge between Areas 3 and 6
- On a ledge in Area 6 accessed from higher portion of Area 3 via wirebug.
Monster Fossil Related Quests in MH Rise
MH Rise Monster Fossil Notes
- All gathering nodes have a respawn timer of 4-5 minutes.
- When farming for resources, the Raisin d'etre Dango can cut the respawn timer down to around 3 minutes for all gathering nodes. Note that this is a Daily Special Dango. The Daily Special changes after every quest and can only be ordered at the Tea Shop before embarking on a quest.
- The Geologist skill at Level 2 will allow you to gather one extra time from Account Item nodes, making it incredibly valuable on gathering runs.