Breaking the Ice
|Objective||Hunt a Lunagaron|
|Time Limit||50 min|
Breaking the Ice is a Follower Collab Quest in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR). Follower Collab Quests are a type of single-player-only Quest where the player can recruit the various NPCs they've encountered on their journey to join them on hunts. These followers each have their own personalities and quirks and will aid the hunter in various ways, allowing for a completely new hunting experience. There are two categories of Follower Collab Quests: Follower Quests which are specific to each Follower, and Support Surveys in which hunters may pick from Followers they have formed a close bond with and assign them a set of weapons from a limited selection.
- This quest is only available with the Sunbreak Expansion.
There's a Lunagaron in the Shrine Ruins that's just beggin' for a thrashin', and you can be sure as shurikens, I'm ready to give it one! Wanna go get gnarly on that pup? Last time you showed me up, but not today! Time for the master to prove his title!
MH Rise Breaking the Ice Quest Information
- Rank: Master Rank
- Follower(s): Master Utsushi
- Conditions: MR 1 or higher, Single Player Only
- Failure Conditions: Reward hits 0, or time expires
- Environment Info: Wild Monsters Sighted
- Locale Info: No outbreaks or upsurges
Other Monsters in this quest:
How to unlock Breaking the Ice in MH Rise
Breaking the Ice can be unlocked as follows:
- Complete all of Master Utsushi's previous Follower Quests
- Speak to Master Utsushi in Kamura Village
Breaking the Ice Completion Rewards
Completing Breaking the Ice will award the following:
- Royal Order's Horn (Weapon Design)
Breaking the Ice Quest Notes & Trivia
- Notes & Trivia for the Breaking the Ice quest go here