Coal is an Account Item in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR or MHRise). Account Items(also known as Special or Unique Items) comprise of rare finds unique to a locale. Collecting them rewards a large amount of Kamura Points, and many also serve as the objectives of gathering Quests and Requests.
Where to find Coal in MH Rise
- Just below and to the right as you exit the small tunnel from Area 4 to 5.
- Area 5, just as you enter the long tunnel leading to Area 13
- Next to Sub-camp 1 in Area 10. Drop down to the left.
- Directly south of the Area 10 map marker.
- Northeast of Sub-camp 2 in Area 7. High above in the hills.
- Between Area 13 and 14 (Underground), climb the tall spire to the west
- Northwest of the Area 14 map marker (Underground).
- In the hidden area northeast of Area 11. Enter through a crawlspace at the edge and use your wirebug to climb up the right wall. There is an opening here leading to the hidden area which has 2 nodes.
Coal Related Quests in MH Rise
- Village Quest: So Hot, It Melts Iron
MH Rise Coal Notes
- All gathering nodes have a respawn timer of 4-5 minutes.
- When farming for resources, the Raisin d'etre Dango can cut the respawn timer down to around 3 minutes for all gathering nodes. Note that this is a Daily Special Dango. The Daily Special changes after every quest and can only be ordered at the Tea Shop before embarking on a quest.
- The Geologist skill at Level 2 will allow you to gather one extra time from Account Item nodes, making it incredibly valuable on gathering runs.