Brutal Strike

Has a chance to increase damage with a negative affinity attack.

Brutal Strike is a Ramp-Up Skill or Rampage Skill in Monster Hunter Rise (MHR or MHRise). Rampage Skills are enhancements that can change the way a weapon build performs by boosting offensive power, survivability, or utility.


Brutal Strike Effect

Brutal Strike gives the equipped weapon a chance of dealing increased damage when landing a negative affinity attack also known as a "weaker hit".  


Brutal Strike Cost

bird wyvern gem monster hunter rise wiki guide Materials zenny monster hunter rise wiki guide Zenny
??? ???


Brutal Strike Mechanics

Brutal Strike has a 25% chance (early estimate) to double the damage of a weaker hit, applying a 1.5x multiplier to the attack instead of the usual 0.75x multiplier.


Weapons with Brutal Strike

Brutal Strike can be put on the following Weapons:









Rampage Decorations with Brutal Strike

Brutal Strike can be used in the following Rampage Decorations:



Notes & Trivia

  • Notes & Tips go here


Ramp-Up Skills in Monster Hunter Rise
Add: Normal Ammo I  ♦  Add: Normal Ammo II  ♦  Affinity Boost I  ♦  Affinity Boost II  ♦  Affinity Boost III  ♦  Affinity Boost IV  ♦  Affinity Surge  ♦  Anti-Aerial Species  ♦  Anti-Aquatic Species  ♦  Arc Shot: Affinity  ♦  Arc Shot: Anti-shock  ♦  Arc Shot: Recovery  ♦  Attack Boost I  ♦  Attack Boost II  ♦  Attack Boost III  ♦  Attack Boost IV  ♦  Attack Melody I  ♦  Attack Melody II  ♦  Attack Surge  ♦  Blast Boost I  ♦  Blast Boost II  ♦  Blast Boost III  ♦  Blast I  ♦  Blast II  ♦  Blast III  ♦  Bloody Heart  ♦  Boost Equipped Coating  ♦  Buddy Rally  ♦  Chameleos Soul  ♦  Charge Up  ♦  Close-range Coating Boost  ♦  Cluster Effect I  ♦  Cluster Effect II  ♦  Coating Switch Boost  ♦  Defense Boost I  ♦  Defense Boost II  ♦  Defense Boost III  ♦  Defense Grinder I  ♦  Defense Grinder II  ♦  Defenser Grinder II  ♦  Defensive Melody I  ♦  Defensive Melody II  ♦  Demon Rage  ♦  Dragon Boost I  ♦  Dragon Boost II  ♦  Dragon Boost III  ♦  Dragon Boost IV  ♦  Dragon Effect I  ♦  Dragon Effect II  ♦  Dragon I  ♦  Dragon II  ♦  Dragon III  ♦  Dragon IV  ♦  Dulling Strike  ♦  Element Exploit (Ramp-Up Skill)  ♦  Elemental Boost I  ♦  Elemental Boost II  ♦  Elemental Boost III  ♦  Elemental Surge  ♦  Exhaust Effect I  ♦  Exhaust Effect II  ♦  Fanged Exploit  ♦  Fire Boost I  ♦  Fire Boost II  ♦  Fire Boost III  ♦  Fire Effect I  ♦  Fire Effect II  ♦  Fire I  ♦  Fire II  ♦  Fire III  ♦  Fire IV  ♦  Fireblight Exploit  ♦  Firing: Charge  ♦  Firing: Pierce  ♦  Firing: Rapid  ♦  Firing: Spread  ♦  Firing: Swift  ♦  Guard Bash  ♦  Healing Melody I  ♦  Healing Melody II  ♦  Hellion Mode  ♦  Ibushi Soul  ♦  Ice Boost I  ♦  Ice Boost II  ♦  Ice Boost III  ♦  Ice Boost IV  ♦  Ice Effect I  ♦  Ice Effect II  ♦  Ice I  ♦  Ice II  ♦  Ice III  ♦  Ice IV  ♦  Iceblight Exploit  ♦  Kinsect Level Boost  ♦  Kinsect Level Boost I  ♦  Kinsect Level Boost II  ♦  Kinsect Level Boost III  ♦  Kinsect Level Boost IV  ♦  Kinsect Supercharge  ♦  Kushala Daora Soul  ♦  Lasting Arc Shot  ♦  Magnamalo Soul  ♦  Master Rider  ♦  Maximum Volume  ♦  Narwa Soul  ♦  Non-elemental Boost  ♦  Normal Effect I  ♦  Normal Effect II  ♦  Paralysis Boost I  ♦  Paralysis Boost II  ♦  Paralysis Boost III  ♦  Paralysis Coating Boost  ♦  Paralysis Effect I  ♦  Paralysis Effect II  ♦  Paralysis I  ♦  Paralysis II  ♦  Paralysis III  ♦  Phial Switch Boost  ♦  Phial: Dragon I  ♦  Phial: Dragon II  ♦  Phial: Dragon III  ♦  Phial: Element  ♦  Phial: Exhaust I  ♦  Phial: Exhaust II  ♦  Phial: Paralysis I  ♦  Phial: Paralysis II  ♦  Phial: Poison I  ♦  Phial: Poison II  ♦  Pierce Effect I  ♦  Pierce Effect I (Rampage Weapon)  ♦  Pierce Effect II  ♦  Pierce Effect II (Rampage Weapon)  ♦  Poison Boost I  ♦  Poison Boost II  ♦  Poison Boost III  ♦  Poison Coating Boost  ♦  Poison Effect I  ♦  Poison Effect II  ♦  Poison I  ♦  Poison II  ♦  Poison III  ♦  Rapid Fire (Dragon)  ♦  Rapid Fire (Fire)  ♦  Rapid Fire (Ice)  ♦  Rapid Fire (Normal)  ♦  Rapid Fire (Piercing)  ♦  Rapid Fire (Shrapnel)  ♦  Rapid Fire (Spread)  ♦  Rapid Fire (Sticky)  ♦  Rapid Fire (Thunder)  ♦  Rapid Fire (Water)  ♦  Recoil Down Boost  ♦  Recoil Down Surge  ♦  Reload Speed Boost  ♦  Reload Speed Surge  ♦  Resilient Melody I  ♦  Resilient Melody II  ♦  Secondary: Dragon I  ♦  Secondary: Dragon II  ♦  Secondary: Dragon III  ♦  Secondary: Fire I  ♦  Secondary: Fire II  ♦  Secondary: Fire III  ♦  Secondary: Ice I  ♦  Secondary: Ice II  ♦  Secondary: Ice III  ♦  Secondary: Thunder I  ♦  Secondary: Thunder II  ♦  Secondary: Thunder III  ♦  Secondary: Water I  ♦  Secondary: Water II  ♦  Secondary: Water III  ♦  Self-Improvement  ♦  Sharpness Type I  ♦  Sharpness Type II  ♦  Sharpness Type III  ♦  Sharpness Type IV  ♦  Shelling: Long I  ♦  Shelling: Long II  ♦  Shelling: Long III  ♦  Shelling: Normal I  ♦  Shelling: Normal II  ♦  Shelling: Normal III  ♦  Shelling: Wide I  ♦  Shelling: Wide II  ♦  Shelling: Wide III  ♦  Shrapnel Effect I  ♦  Shrapnel Effect I (Rampage Weapon)  ♦  Shrapnel Effect II  ♦  Shrapnel Effect II (Rampage Weapon)  ♦  Silkbind Boost  ♦  Sleep Boost I  ♦  Sleep Boost II  ♦  Sleep Boost III  ♦  Sleep Coating Boost  ♦  Sleep Effect I  ♦  Sleep Effect II  ♦  Sleep I  ♦  Sleep II  ♦  Sleep III  ♦  Small Monster Exploit  ♦  Special: Wyvernheart  ♦  Special: Wyvernsnipe  ♦  Spiribird Doubled  ♦  Spread Effect I  ♦  Spread Effect I (Rampage Weapon)  ♦  Spread Effect II  ♦  Spread Effect II (Rampage Weapon)  ♦  Steadiness Boost  ♦  Steadiness Surge  ♦  Sticky Cluster Effect I  ♦  Sticky Cluster Effect II  ♦  Sticky Effect I  ♦  Sticky Effect II  ♦  Teostra Soul  ♦  Thunder Boost I  ♦  Thunder Boost II  ♦  Thunder Boost III  ♦  Thunder Effect I  ♦  Thunder Effect II  ♦  Thunder I  ♦  Thunder II  ♦  Thunder III  ♦  Thunder IV  ♦  Thunderblight Exploit  ♦  Use Blast Coating  ♦  Use Exhaust Coating  ♦  Use Para Coating I  ♦  Use Para Coating II  ♦  Use Poison Coating I  ♦  Use Poison Coating II  ♦  Use Power Coating  ♦  Use Sleep Coating I  ♦  Use Sleep Coating II  ♦  Valstrax Soul  ♦  Water Boost I  ♦  Water Boost II  ♦  Water Boost III  ♦  Water Boost IV  ♦  Water Effect I  ♦  Water Effect II  ♦  Water I  ♦  Water II  ♦  Water III  ♦  Water IV  ♦  Waterblight Exploit  ♦  Wirebug Wrangler  ♦  Wyrmstake Boost

Tired of anon posting? Register!
    • Anonymous

      If I'm understanding this right, this looks like it only alleviates negative affinity, not turn it into a benefit. If it has a 25% chance to double negative affinity damage, then 75% of the time you still do negative affinity damage.

      With 25% affinity damage you either do 0.75x dmg 75% of the time or 1.5x dmg 25% of the time for an average 0.75*0.75+1.5*0.25 = 0.9375x dmg per affinity hit. Critical boost doesn't even change anything, so you don't get something like 0.9x and 1.8x or 0.6x and 1.2x at lvl 3 crit boost.

      You're honestly better off just slapping on some affinity to negate the negative than trying to turn this into a build.

      The only time you would choose this is if you can't increase affinity but still want the higher base which probably brings it to around 9% better than the selection of lower base 0% affinity weapons. It also becomes useless when someone's Fight palico gives you 30% affinity. Overall, very niche.

      • Anonymous

        OK, I've been crunching some numbers with this. It should be noted that this skill is really only worth using at -20 affinity. If your affinity is higher than that, just use the +damage rampage skills

        Assuming the 25% chance on a neg crit to do 150% base damage:
        At -20% affinity this give a 3.94% raw damage increase
        At 200+ base raw with -20 aff, it beats out rampage attack 3
        At 240+ base raw with -20 aff AND attack boost lvl 4 (armor skills), it beats rampage attack 4

        However, it is still probably not the best damage option since I'm pretty sure using WEX and either +aff or +damage will completely beat it out as long as you are attacking a weak point.

      Load more
      ⇈ ⇈